Nachos are a classic favourite, this is my slightly healthier twist with smoked paprika sweet potato slices in place of tortilla chips. Top with vegan cheese for a tasty treat and add black beans for protein. Serve these up and enjoy with friends.
Sweet Potato Nachos
Nutrition – A great cheat and much healthier than traditional nachos.
Calories: 389 Carbs: 47g Protein: 8g Fat: 15g
- 700g Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tin Black Beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 100g Vegan Cheese
- 1 Medium Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Small bunch of Coriander – approx 15g
- 1 Green Chilli or Jalapeños
- 2 Spring Onions
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes and lay each slice flat on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika on top. Place in the oven for 30 minutes and cook until the potatoes are slightly crisp around the edges.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking we can make the guacamole. Simply take a small bowl, place in avocado and mash with a fork, add lime juice and half of the coriander and stir.
- Transfer the potatoes to a ‘grill safe’ tray. Top with black beans and vegan cheese and place under a grill until the cheese has melted.
- Top the nachos with the guacamole, fresh chillies, spring onions and coriander. Serve up with lime wedges and tuck in!