Summer is approaching… we hope, and sometimes we have those days when hot meals just aren’t what you want. This filling salad is packed with beans, lentils, chickpeas and quinoa with little bursts of sweetness from the scattered pomegranate. I like to drizzle mine with a lime, maple & tahini dressing.
Quinoa, Pomegranate & Pulses with Maple Tahini Dressing
Calories: 448 Carbs: 66g Protein: 21g Fat: 15g
- 1 Tin Chickpeas
- 1 Tin Butter Beans
- 1 Tin Green Lentils
- 150g Quinoa
- 1/2 Medium Avocado (cut into small chunks)
- 80g Pomegranate
- 1 Sweet Pepper (chopped)
- 100g Spinach (shredded)
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Water
- In a small saucepan bring 300ml water to the boil and add 150g of quinoa, cook for 10-15 minutes until fluffy. Once cooked set aside to cool
- Take a large salad bowl and add the cooled quinoa. Rinse the beans, chickpeas and lentils under cold water and add those to the quinoa, give them a good mix around.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and give it another good mix.
- Now we can make the dressing which couldn’t be easier, take a small bowl and add all of the ingredients, mix until incorporated.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, lightly toss and serve.