Garlic and herb mash made better! Root vegetables contain a whole host of vitamins, use your vegetables up with this delicious side dish and serve them up your favourite veggie sausages – or grab a big bowl and eat it on its own… I would.
Root Vegetable Mash
Calories: 220 Carbs: 43g Protein: 4.6g Fat: 3.7g
- 400g White Potato
- 300g Sweet Potato
- 200g Carrot
- 100g Parsnip
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Dried Herbs
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 25ml Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley to Garnish – Optional
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Chop your vegetables into large chunks and add the vegetables to the boil water.
- Boil the vegetables for approximately 20 minutes, depending on the size of your chunks, until they are soft. Once they are cooked, drain them.
- Take a potato masher and mash the vegetables, add in the rest of the ingredients (minus the parsley) and mash again. If you want a smoother mash, pulse it in a food processor.
- Heat before serving and sprinkle with fresh parsley.