So you’ve planned the perfect valentines main but what about dessert? I’ve made vegan and gluten free brownies a few times before but this time I’ve really outdone myself. These brownies are seriously gooey and sumptuous. Avocado and black beans are the secret to their amazing texture, you can’t taste them though I promise! Drown them in salted caramel and serve them with vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert.
Seriously Gooey Brownies
Makes 16 Brownies
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1 Cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 Chia Eggs (4 Tbsp Chia Seeds in 8 Tbsp Water)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tins Black Beans (Drained)
- 1/3 Cup Almond or Soya Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Plain Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare your chia eggs by mixing the seeds and water and refrigerating for 10 minutes until gooey.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together avocado, melted dark chocolate, coconut sugar, vanilla, maple syrup and chia eggs.
- In a blender combine black beans and plant milk, whizz until smooth and pour into the mixing bowl before whisking again.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the mixture, add baking powder and whisk one final time.
- Pour the batter into a deep baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave the brownies to cool before cutting into squares. I highly reccomend drizzling the brownies with salted caramel before serving.