Still looking for the perfect Valentines meal to cook for your loved one? Look no further. Creamy, comforting and absolutely delicious, this dish will surely impress with flavours of apple and all spice balanced with vegan cream cheese and finished with chilli and pepper.
Creamy Apple Sausage Rigatoni
- 320g Rigatoni
- 4 Vegan Sausages ( I’m using Tofurkey Apple Sausages)
- 150g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 400ml Soya Milk
- 1/2 Medium Apple (peeled & grated)
- 1 Tsp All Spice
- 50g Vegan Cheese
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- Pinch of Nutritional Yeast
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a saucepan gently heat the soya milk with vegan cream cheese until a cheese sauce consistency is achieved.
- To the sauce add all spice and grated apple, gently heat for a few moments to combine the flavours and then stir in vegan cheese and sliced cooked sausage.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes whilst we cook the rigatoni.
- Once the pasta is cooked stir the pasta and a little pasta water into the sauce.
- Before serving garnish with chilli flakes, nutritional yeast and black pepper.