Happy Birthday to me! Today I am turning 23 and what’s a birthday without cake? Coconut is one of my favourite flavours and so I decided to make this coconut and white chocolate naked cake which happens to be vegan and gluten free. I love this style of cake and decided to top it with gorgeous fresh flowers.
Coconut & White Chocolate Naked Cake
- 3 Chia Eggs (3 Tbsp Chia seeds with 6 Tbsp Water)
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Margarine
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Cup Vegetable Fat
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (just the thick layer, dismiss the coconut water)
- 3 cups Icing Sugar
- 100g Vegan White Chocolate (melted)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Prepare the chia eggs by mixing the seeds and water in a small bowl, refridgerate the speed up the process.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together coconut milk and apple cider vinegar until foamy.
- To the milk and ACV mix, combine sugar, vanilla, melted margarine, coconut milk and chia eggs. When combined, stir in the desiccated coconut.
- Next, sieve the flour over the mixture and add baking powder and baking soda. Whisk again until combined.
- Prepare 2x 8″ Inch cake tins by either lining with parchment paper of greasing with a little margarine.
- Pour the cake batter into the tins, evenly distributing the mix between the two.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl beat together vegetable fat, coconut fat (not the liquid), icing sugar, melted white chocolate, coconut and vanilla.
- Refrigerate the frosting until needed.
- Once baked, set the cakes aside and allow to cool before icing.
- Ice the cake once completely cooled and sprinkle the top with extra coconut.