Melt in the mouth flapjacks without lashings of dairy. These golden delights are super quick and easy to make but unfortunately disappear quite quickly as well. If you’re ditching the dairy these are a great alternative, they melt in your mouth and the dark chocolate makes them that extra bit more special.
Chocolate Chip Flapjack
- 100g Rolled oats
- 100g Jumbo oats
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 125g Vegan Butter
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 50g Chopped Dates
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Weight out the oats and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, gently heat vegan butter and golden syrup, stirring occasionally until melted and combined.
- Pour the butter-syrup mixture over the oats and stir to bind.
- Take 50g of chocolate and chop into small chunks and stir into the oat mixture along with the chopped dates, wait for the oat mixture to cool slightly before adding the chips (or they will melt!)
- Transfer the mix into a lined baking tray pressing the mixture down as you go. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top, please note that the flapjacks will firm up even more as they cool.
- Wait until the flapjacks have completely cooled and melt the remaining chocolate, drizzle the melted chocolate over the flapjack.
- Once the chocolate has set cut into 12 squares.