Silken tofu gives a smooth and creamy texture to this rich, chocolatey torte. Chopped roasted hazelnuts compliment the chocolate and add a great crunchy topping. If you’re looking to impress your loved ones this Christmas, this is a super simple recipe which requires minimum effort!
Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
Calories: 230 Carbs: 16g Protein: 7g Fat: 15g
- 250g Dark Chocolate (melted)
- 600g Silken Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 250g Shortcrust Pastry
- 35g Roasted Hazelnuts
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 30g Cacao Nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c
- Roll out your pastry to less than approx. 6-8mm thick and place into a greased pie dish. Trim the sides to fit the dish and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Once the pastry case has cooled and not before, combine the silken tofu, maple syrup, dark chocolate and cocoa powder and whizz in a blender until smooth.
- This mixture will set as the chocolate cools so do not hesitate in pouring the mixture into the case.
- Before leaving to set sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts and cocoa nibs covering the entire torte.
- Leave to set in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours. When you slice into the torte is should retain it’s shape.