Happy Halloween! Here’s a treat for the weekend. These are super simple to make so it could be something fun to make with the kids. You can substitute the sweets and chocolate in this recipe fo pretty much anything as long as you keep the spooky candy eyeballs but the marshmallows are high recommended as they make them nice and chewy.
What is a brookie? A brookie is a brownie-cookie hybrid, what’s not to love?
Makes 18 Brookies
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Soy Milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 80g Peanot Butter No No’s (vegan reese’s pieces alternative)
- 80g Chocolate Chips
- 75g Vegan Marshmallows
- 1 Packet of Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Take a mixing bowl and sift in flour, add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and mix.
- Into the mixture pour melted butter, milk, maple syrup and mix again.
- Lastly stir in chocolate chips, no no’s and marshmallows.
- Spoon generous tablespoons onto a lined baking tray pressing th mixture down slightly as it will rise slightly when baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly crisp on the outside, keep in mind that they will firm as they cool.
- Tranfer the brookies to a baking tray, use the gooey marshmallows as glue to stick down the candy eyeballs and leave the cool, take care with children in this step as the may be a little hot! Leave the brookies to cool, or enjoy warm.