Quick, tasty and simple. Gluten free, vegan ramen perfect for lunch or dinner. This dish is bursting with fresh ingredients. The great thing about this recipe is that you can really use any vegetables and garnishes you like, but preferably those which would compliment the zingy garlic, ginger and soy broth.
Ramen with Tofu, Greens & Squash
- 2 Nests of Noodles (any you like, I used rice noodles)
- 200g Firm Tofu
- 1 Inch Piece of Ginger
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Tbsp Tamari (you could also use regular soy sauce)
- 1 Tsp Mirin
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- Greens of your choice (I used runner beans, tender stem broccoli and Chinese cabbage)
- 100g Butternut Squash
- 100g Mushrooms
Optional but tasty garnishes
- Spring Onions
- Thai Basil
- In a blender whizz together garlic, ginger, tamari, mirin and stock with 250ml water to create the broth. Once smooth, set aside.
- In a frying pan heat a little sesame oil, when hot add cubed tofu and let sizzle, turning frequently.
- To the frying pan, add the vegetables and cook until al dente.
- In a separate pan begin to heat the broth, when heated through add noodles to the pot.
- To assemble take a bowl or dish. Add the noodles, pouring over any remaining broth. On top of the noodles place the vegetables and tofu. Before serving garnish with chilli, thai basil and spring onions.