On those colder days when you just want to wrap up in a blanket I know i’m going to be craving this. I love soups, they’re filling, tasty and packed with healthy ingredients. Following on from my Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe, I was inspired to create a soup incorporating similar ingredients and here it is! This soup is ‘soup-er’ creamy and delicious. (I’m sorry that was cheesy!)
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
500g Pumpkin Puree
300g Cannellini Beans
250ml Coconut Milk (plus extra for garnish)
300ml Vegetable Stock
1 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp All Spice
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Clove of Garlic
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Handful of Pumpkin Seeds to Garnish
- Pour vegetable stock into a blender and add the pumpkin puree followed by garlic, maple syrup, cumin and all spice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a saucepan and place on a high heat. Bring to the boil and pour in the coconut milk.
- After adding the coconut milk reduce to a medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally to allow the soup to thicken.
- Once the soup begins to thicken add the beans and season to taste.
- Before serving sprinkle a small handful of pumpkin seeds on top and drizzle a swirl of coconut milk. Serve with some warm fresh bread.