A fresh, vibrant, vegan bolognese full of lentils and mushrooms. Red wine gives this italian dish extra flavour so don’t skip it! Finish with fresh basil to take this to the next level.
Lentil Mushroom Bolognese
1 Medium Onion (Diced)
3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
200g Dried Lentils
400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
100ml Red Wine
1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
Fresh Basil (garnish)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Take a large pan and drizzle in the olive oil. Add garlic and onion and fry just until golden.
2. Pour in the red wine, add mushrooms and stir and sprinkle over some dried herbs.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, lentils and passata. Simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta accordingly to the instructions. Pour some of the pasta water into the bolognese, pasta water makes for a silky smooth sauce.
5. Simmer for a further 15 minutes until the lentils are cooked through.
6. To serve spoon the bolognese over freshly cooked pasta and garnish with fresh basil.